Getting Filter Onto Master List

General information, announcements and questions about the EasyList subscriptions.

Moderator: EasyList authors

sahilc

Getting Filter Onto Master List

Post by sahilc » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:08 pm

Hello,

What's the process of getting a filter to block an unblocked ad onto the master list of easylist so everyone can benefit? Do I just submit it to a thread?

Lanik
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by Lanik » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:10 pm

Preferably a new thread with the sites domain in the title. ;-)
"If it ain't broke don't fix it."

sahilc

Post by sahilc » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:23 pm

I see, that makes sense. How long does it usually take to get added? I'm guessing whenever a mod gets the time?

Lanik
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by Lanik » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:57 pm

Whenever EasyList Authors get the time.

marcino
Site Member
Site Member

Post by marcino » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:16 am

Hello , as I already have wrote there: viewtopic.php?f=62&t=24196 I have decided to move here to continue the discussion. At the beginning, I only mention that I'm not the only one who asked already "when my filters will be added to the filter list?" The others also ask the same question, for example there: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=33220. And we all get from the forum staff the same answers:
Lanik wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:57 pm
Whenever EasyList Authors get the time.
intense wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:51 am
you have to wait some easylist author to see the thread and add the necessary filters to easylist.
and redirections:
intense wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:37 am
read topic responses

http://forums.lanik.us/rules
which finally all are just redirections to:

rules#timedime

That's great, I understand the rules: rules#about and I appreciate the free work but when the hell they will finally have the time? When the world ends? Coz it has passed already 1.5 year and they still had no time to add a filter nor posted a respone why they have not added a filter, while at the same time they have added xxx other filters. A bad joke? At first it seemed that the playok.com filter hasn't been added due to lack of time, but it has passed already 1.5 year since the playok.com anti-adblock filter has been reported, and still the filter hasn't been added to Adblock Warning Removal List. Since 1.5 year is huge and enought time to see (notice) and add the filter to Adblock Warning Removal List, it seems it hasn't been added not due to lack of time nor coz it has went unnoticed, but it hasn't been added because authors of Adblock Warning Removal List intentionally do not want to add the filter to Adblock Warning Removal List for some unknown (for us) reason. After reading the guidelines at here: https://easylist.to/2013/05/10/anti-adb ... dmins.html we see "This however is what we do not allow: Measurements that limit the access to the site and/or cause annoying side effects (like additional delays) and/or prevent normal content to be shown." And that's exactly a reason it should be blocked for, as the anti-adblock message on playok.com does:
1) "limit the access to the site" --> as it hides the start button therefore doesn't allow to play
2) "cause annoying side effects (like additional delays)" --> as it forces 20 sec additional delay before the start button reappears
3) "prevent normal content to be shown" --> as it hides the start button

Please block playok.com's spammy annoying anti-adblock crap. Therefore, I please kindly the authors to explain why they don't want to add the filter to Adblock Warning Removal List. Lack of response or lack of real arguments or arguments like "If your anti-adblock message does not follow the guidelines it is up to the list author(s) to determine if we block it or leave it as it is" will confirm belief that their filter lists are "politically" influenced.

Best regards, marcino

WarFame
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post by WarFame » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:21 pm

If you take a look at viewforum.php?f=62 you will see that topics disappear to other pages after some time and if this happens no one will see the topic anymore (unless rules#bump is used) since the authors don't go through a hundred pages of topics when adding new filters. So "it has passed already 1.5 year" makes no sense. Often a filter doesn't even apply after that much time. I see no need to make up some slander like "authors of Adblock Warning Removal List intentionally do not want to add the filter" or "filter lists are "politically" influenced".

marcino
Site Member
Site Member

Post by marcino » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:54 pm

Whatever.
The topic have been created Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:22 pm
Then a working filter has been provided Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:59 pm
Since then in the topic have been made 7 posts:
Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:00 pm
Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:23 am
Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:37 am
Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:19 pm
Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:44 am
Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:51 am
Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:15 am

Taking a single day as a aingle "bump", the topic has been being bumped 3 times, for the whole month:
Tue Aug 04, Sun Aug 16, Sat Aug 22.

As for
WarFame wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:21 pm
Often a filter doesn't even apply after that much time.
In that case, the filter still works.

1) It's surprising that no authors have seen the topic in that case.
2) How one distinguish between "the authors have not noticed/seen the topic/filter" and "the authors have noticed/seen but are busy atm and have no time to add it to the main list, but they will add it later"?
3) I have assumed If I would bump too often, I could have hear I shouldn't make spam and should wait patiently, wouldn't I...

As for
WarFame wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:21 pm
I see no need to make up some slander like "authors of Adblock Warning Removal List intentionally do not want to add the filter" or "filter lists are "politically" influenced".
But it looked so, sorry...You see no need (from Your perspective/point of view), but I saw one (from my perspective/point of view) until You have explained it now, but a bit too late. Anyway you guys may also take a look here just out of curiosity: https://github.com/reek/anti-adblock-killer/issues/2752 Anyway, I hope I wouldn't need to "bump" the topic / filter anymore, and I hope it will be added to Anti-Adblock list soon, thank you for your great effort. No offence. Peace.

Best Regards, marcino

Lanik
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by Lanik » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:26 pm

You can add the filter manually.

The rules are not up for debate.