Could you host a TPL version of Fanboy Ulimate?

General information, announcements and questions about the EasyList subscriptions.
tplperson

Could you host a TPL version of Fanboy Ulimate?

Post by tplperson »

Hi, I am an avid and grateful subscriber to the EasyList, EasyPrivacy, and Fanboy Annoyances tracking protection lists. I was wondering if, for the sake of simplicity, you would be able to host a TPL version of the Fanboy Ultimate list as well. If so, that would be really great and I'm sure many people would appreciate it! Thank you so much for your time and all that you do.
fanboy
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by fanboy »

It would break so much under IE, since there is no proper whitelisting support. I'd recommend to stick with using Adblock Plus+IE and then your chosen subscriptions.
papadoc

Post by papadoc »

Can you add other lists besides Easylist to IE ABP? I've never gotten any to install.
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

ABP for IE does not support other lists for now
workaround:
-prepare your filters in ABP for firefox (lists, other custom filters)
-create a new backup (feature in ABP for firefox) ==> patterns.ini
-close IE and replace the patterns.ini file from ABP for IE folder (it should be C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\LocalLow\Adblock Plus for IE) with that from firefox
papadoc

Post by papadoc »

Good to know. Seems like the ultimate list would have a lot of filters that either wouldn't work or could possibly adversely affect ie if not specifically written for it, no? Would it update correctly? We are talking about ie, so none of this is all that important, but I am curious.