Posters are busy time to lock the forum & clear the backlog

General information, announcements and questions about the EasyList subscriptions.
LoseHeart
Postaholic
Postaholic

Posters are busy time to lock the forum & clear the backlog

Post by LoseHeart »

We posters have busy lives and want to make sure the filter reports are useful for everyone so we spend our spare time to make reports. Now that the number of posters has increased while the list maintainers have stayed about the same a backlog has appeared. It would be best to lock the unblocked content forum until the backlog of about 4+ months is cleared and additional maintainers can be added.
mazzzter

Post by mazzzter »

Your post is over 2 weeks old, and no one has replied! I think that's pretty strong evidence of just how backlogged things are with the lists, and how much they need help.

Here's a proposal: Have 2 levels of list editors.

First level editors can be responsible for adding/removing/changing simple and obvious filters. Those represent the majority of requests, and are typically site-specific.
Second level editors can be responsible for adding/removing/changing filters that could interact with multiple sites.

This way, people can contribute based on their skill and experience level, while minimizing false-positives.
KingNaheem
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post by KingNaheem »

I really couldnt agree more, I still have posts which are older than 2 months which have still not been answered. Causing them to get pushed back and ignored and no one has looked back at them.
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

Just a reminder for those that aren't aware. Please read it carefully: app.php/rules#topic1
LoseHeart wrote:It would be best to lock the unblocked content forum until the backlog of about 4+ months is cleared and additional maintainers can be added.
That would be counter productive IMO. The point of these forums is to make sure someone can ask for help with sites that have unblocked ads/falsely blocked ads. Closing the forum takes away peoples ability to report issues thus growing the filters. However if you add more maintainers that's a different story. That's likely to clear whatever backlog there may be.

Anyone care to contribute or would they like some cheese with that whine?
"If it ain't broke don't fix it."
terrorist96
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post by terrorist96 »

I'm a major reporter of filter issues on the other forum (adblockplus.org/forum) and I've been told to post here in order to get my reports fixed more quickly. Doesn't seem to be the case. :\
uBlock Origin extension;
Chrome 64 bit;
Subscription Lists: Default.
MonztA
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by MonztA »

terrorist96 wrote:... and I've been told to post here in order to get my reports fixed more quickly. Doesn't seem to be the case. :\
I guess you are referring to me. I think you should be fair here. I told you that false positives get fixed relatively quick "but as you can see it's the opposite for unblocked ads. :("

"Other than that, Famlam and Khrin (EasyList authors) are not so active in the ABP forum, rather in the EasyList forum. But currently both of them also seem very busy as well. :("