How to help the EasyList maintainers

General information, announcements and questions about the EasyList subscriptions.
barbaz
Postaholic
Postaholic

How to help the EasyList maintainers

Post by barbaz »

Just wanted to say Thank You to all the EasyList maintainers for making the Easy project open source! :D

Also, I keep a local copy of the EasyList repository, and I'm wondering whether it's actually helpful to the EasyList maintainers if I use it to answer threads like this on occasion? Does that save you time or does it just make it less likely you'll see the thread?
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

Most repositories can be copied locally (git, svn) I'm not sure about mercurial however as I've never used it. Probably a good question for Wladimir Palant who hosts the Easylist filters repository.
"If it ain't broke don't fix it."
MonztA
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by MonztA »

barbaz wrote:Also, I keep a local copy of the EasyList repository, and I'm wondering whether it's actually helpful to the EasyList maintainers if I use it to answer threads like this on occasion? Does that save you time or does it just make it less likely you'll see the thread?
Everything has to be checked manually by us anyway but it might be handy sometimes though.
barbaz
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post by barbaz »

MonztA wrote:Everything has to be checked manually by us anyway but it might be handy sometimes though.
Thanks for the reply MonztA, glad I can help, I'll do that as it's appropriate for threads I happen to see. :-)
Lanik wrote:Most repositories can be copied locally (git, svn) I'm not sure about mercurial however as I've never used it.
You can:

Code: Select all

hg clone <repo_url>
This drops the repository in its own (named) subfolder in the current directory.

To grab later changesets from the server:

hg pull
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

barbaz wrote:

hg clone <repo_url>
This drops the repository in its own (named) subfolder in the current directory.

To grab later changesets from the server:

hg pull
Cool that's pretty much the same as git.
"If it ain't broke don't fix it."