EasyList for Privoxy

General information, announcements and questions about the EasyList subscriptions.
ABP2P

EasyList for Privoxy

Post by ABP2P »

I was wondering about the odds of ever seeing an official release of EasyList for Privoxy, and have started a thread with some thoughts about it on the Adblock Plus forum. 'maxp' kindly suggested that I rather ask this here.

While I do realize, that not everything that can be done with Adblock Plus can also be achieved with Privoxy, it has been suggested that with recent conversion tools most things are covered, and Privoxy users would benefit greatly from a regularly updated EasyList for Privoxy. Since Privoxy is a great solution for providing ad filtering to clients which have troubles running Adblock Plus (i.e., various mobile devices), an extension of EasyList to Privoxy would be much appreciated.

In my opinion it would be a far better approach to convert the filter list at the source, rather than having end users to do it on a variety of systems. Particularly since the resulting filter files are text files and cross-system compatible, while various solutions to converting the files are not.

I get that the extra effort to provide EasyList for Privoxy would have to be limited to an absolute minimum, but thought that this might be achieved, if a contact between the developers of conversion tools such as adblock2privoxy and the EasyList maintainers could be established. Both sides might profit from a cooperation by extending their respective user bases and I am pretty sure that many Privoxy users would be greatly thankful for being able to use what is probably the best ad filter list available right now.

Looking forward to reading your thoughts on this subject,
an avid user of ABP and EasyList

p.s.: When I tried to submit this post, the submission was confirmed but did not show up in the forum nor under the posts in my profile. I therefore try this again, hoping it won't show up twice.
ABP2P

Post by ABP2P »

Any thoughts on the subject at all?