Mirroring EasyList

General information, announcements and questions about the EasyList subscriptions.
arflech

Mirroring EasyList

Post by arflech »

I'm trying to download EasyList, Fanboy Ultimate, etc. via JScript (converted from this bash script for OS X) so I can transform them into Privoxy rulesets, but I keep getting blocked; I don't get blocked from downloading things like EasyList_noelemhide, EasyPrivacy, or Fanboy's Enhanced Tracking via JScript, but those lists don't have element-hiding rules, and I'm not at all blocked from just viewing the lists in a browser.

What I'm considering is setting something up on my own webspace to mirror the filter-lists I use, on about a weekly basis because that's how often my JScript file will be downloading them; what do you think about the idea?

By the way, I was able to make Privoxy rulesets based on manually downloaded files, and I'm a bit disappointed with how element hiding has worked out; even though Privoxy is able to filter raw HTML, it might just be bad at element hiding.

EDIT I just learned about adblock2privoxy, which just might be what I needed: https://projects.zubr.me/wiki/adblock2privoxy
fanboy
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by fanboy »

Using a VPS and creating cron jobs with this script should be enough