Merging of Fanboy and EasyList questions

General information, announcements and questions about the EasyList subscriptions.
hutspot
Site Member
Site Member

Merging of Fanboy and EasyList questions

Post by hutspot »

Hi,

I noticed that in Firefox, Easylist and Fanboy's show as merged Ultimate List in ABP. What merged lists of Fanboy are included? Is it Fanboy's Ultimate list (Fanboy Tracking, Annoyances etc. combined with Easylist or just the (merged) Fanboy's Main Adblock list and Easy List? It's a bit confusing to me. Please clarify.

TIA
MonztA
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by MonztA »

What URL does this merged list have? Click on "Filter list" next to the title of the list in the filter preferences.
hutspot
Site Member
Site Member

Post by hutspot »

This is the link when I clicked on Filter List: https://secure.fanboy.co.nz/r/fanboy-ultimate.txt (Website is currently unreachable) off-line. Thanks.
hutspot
Site Member
Site Member

Post by hutspot »

Just now I did a manual update in ABP through *Actions* of the merged Fanboy-Easylist and this is what it says:

Last download, failed, not a valid filters list.

What's going on?

I'm still waiting for an answer to my first post. ;) Others who have Fanboy and Easylist filters are confused as well. TIA
ItsMe

Post by ItsMe »

Yep Failed, not a valid filters list What's going on?

I can answer your first question. The new merged Ultimate list includes only the merged ad and tracking. Enhanced tracking and Annoyances are still there but are being maintained seperatly by Fanboy. See here: http://forums.fanboy.co.nz/forums/viewt ... =5&t=16545

Post by Guest »

hutspot wrote:Just now I did a manual update in ABP through *Actions* of the merged Fanboy-Easylist and this is what it says:

Last download, failed, not a valid filters list.

What's going on?

I'm still waiting for an answer to my first post. ;) Others who have Fanboy and Easylist filters are confused as well. TIA
Its a temporary problem thats happened before, give it a day or two and it will update again, or change from the secure url to the other.

I have two lists that feature easylist now

easyprivacy+easylist

fanboy+easylist-merged ultimate list

I guess I should change the first one to just easyprivacy?
ItsMe

Post by ItsMe »

The tracking/privacy list has or is getting merged too. So if you want the Enhanced tracking and Annoyance lists you'll only require the Ultimate list.
arflech

Post by arflech »

I hope fanboy's site comes back from "maintenance"; it's been there for a couple days now.
fanboy
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by fanboy »

When a site crashes, and takes down the scripts, its takes a while for things to return back to normal.

The Ultimate/Tracking lists are on the todo list, currently the Ultimate list is using the merged lists