ad.nl

Dutch supplemental subscription
Athaphian

ad.nl

Post by Athaphian »

Hi there.

First let me say that I have been a happy user of AdBlockPlus for well over a year or two now. Personally I recommend everyone I know to install it. Not because I am anti-ads, but those homepage takeovers and flashy banners make me pull my eyes out when reading some blog or news article.. oh and those frigg'n annoying youtube in-video ads too. Google: stop that!

Now to my question/complaint:
As a professional web developer I currently perform work for a large newspaper in Holland 'ad.nl'.
Last week I was moving our statics (.css, .js, images, etc) to a subfolder on ad.nl, something like ad.nl/statics/ad/main.css (for reasons that I won't further explain). We noticed that all statics inside the folder 'ad' were blocked by AdBlockPlus. Surely this must be a bug, because this has nothing to do with ads (but yes unfortunately our site is called ad, stands for Dutch 'Algemeen Dagblad'). We currently fixed it by renaming the folder to sad. (pun not intended: s is for statics). However that seems sad (pun intended).

Is there anything that can be done about this unjustified blacklisting of our own statics?

adnl
smed79
Liste AR/FR Author
Liste AR/FR Author

Post by smed79 »

Hi,
We zijn verplicht om je te informeren over en jouw toestemming te vragen voor het gebruik van cookies op onze website.
an off topic question, if i don't accept cookies you show me a door ?

This cookie interstitial mean : "you are obliged to accept cookies to enter ad.nl".
•► Read RULES / Use forum Search
••► Don't post clickable links
•••►Upload screenshots at imgbb.com